11.02.2010

Hallowin

I love Halloween. The past two years I really got into it-- and I give props to Maude Vintage in Columbia for really giving The Orbit Gum Girl and Carmen SanDiego all the finishing touches. This year, without Maude, and low on cash, I decided to dig from my own closet-- super last minute. The result was a really nappy MK Olsen. I can't deny that I'm a mega MKA fan. I didn't hate the costume, but it wasn't my best work. Either way, some new friends made the night, a late 2 AM start, a good time at The Art Factory in downtown Springfield. Anyone looking to donate some cash to help out local artists should consider this place. So much great space--glad I got to check it out.


On the actual Hallowed day I stayed home and handed out candy with my oh so fitting black kitten, Gypsy. My family got pretty into trick-or-treating in character this year (Ugly Betty and a Red Hat Lady,Irene) so I took door control. We had a Goldberg mask lying around . . . and I had a good time answering the door with that until a few children cried. If you don't remember the WWE wrestler you should look him up to refresh his mug. After a few criers I decided to ditch the mask and go real-faced at which point I started getting recognized as Miss Jones, the famous substitute teacher! Still not getting used to answering to any sort of titled name; it really throws me off.

My only complaint: I didn't see a single Betty White costume. This should have been a no-brainer, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment